United Kingdom, , LondonCreative
Imagine scrolling through your Pinterest feed, TikTok, Insta or your Calm app, seeing an awesome bit of creative and thinking “We did that.”
Join us, and be part of the crack team of multi-skilled creatives that produces that jaw-dropping content every single day.
The Design Director will be a genuine people person, happy and able to bring out the best in their teams whilst also capable of resolving conflicts or project related hiccups with ease and speed. You will be experienced in resource management (FT and Freelance), able to juggle multiple concurrent projects and use resources efficiently to move work through the studio in the optimal ways. This is the perfect role for a positive, hands-on creative leader who can manage a talented studio that works at pace delivering a wide variety of social and digital focussed creative content for exciting global clients.
We are looking for a social savvy creative leader who understands the nuances of the social and digital landscape, who understands how to make high performance content optimised for individual channels and touch points. You will be the driving force of the studio, utilising your excellence in brand strategy, conceptual creative and positive team leadership skills to galvanise the studio team and inspire the delivery of the highest quality of work.
Embracing the hybrid working model, we have an amazing office space in the heart of London to allow the team to collaborate face to face, forge friendships and train, whilst supporting a work/life balance with set days working from home, too.
We’ll help you get your home office set up, and when you’re in the office, we’ll provide snacks and breakfast - one less thing to worry about in the morning.
We never work weekends and we encourage people to leave on time. We have an employee assistance program to support your mental health, and we’ll give you access to shopping and eating discounts in the West End. Well, who doesn’t love a bargain?
- Oversight and responsibility for the creative output on all major work streams including Pinterest, Calm, Google, Walmart amongst many other exciting global clients.
- Attend all client meetings and kick off calls, ensuring briefs are clear and understood, and assets provided are sufficient before projects are started on in the studio.
- Run the daily stand-ups, ensuring projects are allocated and due to be completed on schedule, as well as troubleshooting any issues that subsequently arise.
- Expertly digest briefs, allocating the appropriate designers/teams to the projects and driving internal creative kick off calls to relay important information from the brief, and communicate/collaborate on creative strategies.
- Lead on ideation and creation of client pitches (occasional), utilising teams to deliver the best ideation and driving innovative solutions to pitch briefs.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Copywriter so deliver concepts that deliver on objectives and ultimately help partners achieve their campaign goals.
- Oversee a wide range of creative content production, including but not limited to organic and paid social advertising, in-app artwork, digital banners, digital marketing and promotional media, as well as ad-hoc special print projects.
- Drive projects from concept to completion, working closely with the Project Manager to manage or juggle resources, prioritise workloads and ensure deadlines are always met with top quality work.
- Provide hands-on support to the studio team, providing insightful, clear and timely feedback that enhances the work and ensures it delivers on client objectives.
- Anticipate and stay in front of any potential issues, ensuring any problems/conflicts are minimised and dealt with swiftly.
- Supervise design team day-to-day, performing regular catch ups, annual appraisals and overall help drive career progression for all members of the team.
- Oversee Freelance and temporary project staff, assisting with the recruitment of additional resources when workload requires.
- Challenge the creative, and consistently drive the bar higher.
- Apply the highest levels of attention to detail.
- Inspire the team through a passionate and positive attitude.
- Lead by example in all project related and company endeavours.
- Lead in the creation of company marketing, providing insightful ideas and interesting new ways to promote the studio.
- Work with the Director’s and Senior Management Team to routinely identify ways to optimise internal systems, and implement better processes.
- Uphold company best practices in all aspects of workflow and process. Champion company principles and values.